Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Chicken Poem

Hi Welcome back to the coop!!!

Today I am going to share with you a chicken poem:-) my little brother has a book called "Eric Carle's Animals Animals" book and it is a book of poems on all the different kinds of animals and my mom found a chicken one so without further ado I present you with "The Red Hen" Written by James S. Tippett.  

She turned her head to this side;
 She turned her head to that.
Looking round for tidbits,
 Juicy ones and fat.

Scritchy-scratch went Red Hen's feet;
  Nib-nob went her bill.
She ate of juicy tidbits,
  Until she had her fill.

And then she flew into a nest
  And laid an egg, and then.
With a cut-cut-cut, ca-dah-cut,
   Flew off to eat again.

Isn't that a sweet poem??? I like it Well may the Lord bless your day,  


                                                    God Bless,
                                                    Ruthie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment